Make Your Own Family Tree
- Grab three pieces of notebook-sized paper – preferably different colors.
- Use a pencil to trace your left hand on one piece of paper and trace your right hand on a second piece of paper. You might need help tracing the hand you write with.
- Label each hand – put names of your dad’s family member on the fingers of the left hand and use the right hand for your mom’s family. Make extra hands if you have a lot of family members to list. Note: do this step before cutting everything out.
- Carefully cut out each hand.
- Using your third piece of paper, glue each hand to the paper – carefully folding back the thumbs and making sure they don’t get glued down.
- Decorate your family tree with stickers or drawings.
- Ask your parents and grandparents to do their own, so you can see how many generations back you can go.