The Central Arkansas Library System has a recording room on the 3rd floor of the Roberts Library. This recording room is perfect for capturing audio for podcasts and oral histories.
To schedule an appointment at the CALS Roberts Library Recording Studio, please provide two weeks’ notice prior to the date needed. Training on our equipment is available by appointment.
To reserve the room, contact Glenn Whaley (firstname.lastname@example.org or 501.320.5741) or Anna Lancaster (email@example.com or 501.320.5718).
The Recording Room is equipped with:
- a Marantz recorder with 2 XLR microphone jacks (you need to bring your own SD card)
- 2 professional quality microphones
- Studio headphones
- Canon VIXIA HF G20 video camera (you need to bring your own SD card)
- Canon XA30 video camera with 2 XLR microphone jacks (you need to bring your own SD card)
- Black curtain backdrop
- Power outlets for laptop connections